Today’s episode features a good family friend of mine, Pennie, who tells us about her beautiful journey into motherhood through the pregnancy and birth of her son, Mason. Pennie’s husband, Mike, was going on deployment in a remote location near the end of her pregnancy, and set to come back just prior to her due date to make it back in time for the birth, but when Pennie’s water broke earlier than expected their plans definitely took a big turn! Pennie talks a lot about the research she did during her pregnancy to make sure she knew her birth preferences and could advocate for herself during her labor, as well as her decision to hire a birth doula so she would have plenty of labor support.
This episode is packed with great information and advice from such an incredible mom! Pennie, thank you for sharing your story with us! I can’t wait for you all to hear it!
Instagram and Facebook: @embracingbirththepodcast
Find us on your favorite podcast app!
34 week Induction with Intrauterine Growth Restriction & NICU stay (Lillian Odom) – Embracing Birth: The Podcast
- 34 week Induction with Intrauterine Growth Restriction & NICU stay (Lillian Odom)
- My Fertility & Pregnancy Journey (Kristina & Eric Bohorquez)
- Navigating Partner Deployment with Doula Support (Pennie Rabago)
- Sleep and Your Newborn (Christine Lawler from The Peaceful Sleeper)
- Fast, Unmedicated, Hospital Birth (Emily Letwak)